Growing up in Tasmania, Alex was fortunate to have an amazing natural environment right on his doorstep. Spending time outdoors fostered a life-long appreciation of the natural world.
Later in life, this brought Alex to the tourism industry and into his first employment as a tour guide. The chance to share his love of Tasmania and detailed knowledge of it's natural and cultural values with visitors and locals alike, proved the start of an amazing journey. His career has evolved over time to his current role of teaching new generations of aspiring tour guides moving into the industry.
Alex also stays active in the industry itself, working as a Bushwalking Guide for the Bruny Island Long Weekend over the summer break of teaching.
Alex has worked in a variety of roles across a range of different operations, during the past 13 years::
- Freycinet Experience (Bushwalking Guide)
- Peppermint Bay Cruise (Eco cruise Guide, Guiding Co-ordinator, Product Development)
- Cascade Brewery (Brewery and Heritage Tours)
- The Bruny Island Long Weekend (Product Development, Bushwalking Guide)
- TasTAFE (Certificate III in Tour Guiding - course coodinator and teacher)
Outside of Alex's professional roles, he still enjoys spending his leisure time outdoors, particularly Tasmania's spectacular South West wilderness. Being a new dad, he is looking forward to introducing his son to what makes Tasmania such an amazing part of the world!